PADI Discover Scuba Bali Diving Experience
If you only have a short time frame on your vacation in Bali or want to try diving before committing to the diving course, PADI Discover Scuba Diving is an introductory experience that allows you to see the amazing underwater life as well as to make your first bubbles. PADI Discover Scuba Diving in Bali is not an actual PADI Scuba certification, but great experience where you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water of Padangbai area and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
PADI structured first scuba diving experience in Bali
Try Scuba Diving in Padangbai Bali
The idea of learning to dive is as tempting as it is exciting for every wanna be scuba diver. After all, breathing underwater directly contradicts of our most basic survival instincts. The DSD experience in Bali "mini diving course" teaches new divers basic scuba guidelines and skills under the direct supervision of a PADI professional instructor. The DSD will start with dry briefing, than you get wet while you and your instructor will proced to pool session with all the scuba equipment to learn basic diving skills. After the pool session, you will go on an actual dive at one of our many Bali dive sites to a maximum depth of 12 meters. Usually we do shallow water entries for gradual decent. Mostly you will be feeling excited but quite comfortable as a result of the swimming pool session before. Of course one of the purposes of DSD program is to encourage those who are on the doubt about diving to help them to decide and sign up for their full PADI scuba diving course in Bali.
Scuba divers in Bali dare to fulfill their dreams
Duration: 1/2 Day
Dives: 1 or 2
What is involved in PADI Discover Scuba Diving in Bali?
- An introduction and explanation of the basic principles and theory behind diving
- Dive briefing and skill development session with an Instructor
- Instructor led guided dives
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience, which may be possible to use as credit towards your PADI Open Water Diver Course.
What is included in DSD?
- Briefing and tuition
- Pool session
- 1 or 2 guided dives
- Discover Scuba Diving diplom
- Diving lunch after and refreshements during the dives
Discover scuba diving essential basic diving skills
- Regulator Clearing – removing your regulator out from your mouth and putting it back in.
- Alternate Air Source Use – sharing air source with your dive budy in case of an emergency.
- Mask Clearing – clearing diving mask when water gets in.
All scuba diving equipment is provided.
DSD program time schedule
Discover Scuba Diving in Bali is half day experience and can be conducted any day of the week that you choose. It consists of some knowledge development and swimming pool session in the morning and diving in Bali waters afterwards, generally you will be at the dive centre from 8am until 1pm.
Prerequisites to enroll in discover scuba diving in Bali
- At least 10 years old.
- Medical clearance for any pre existing conditions.
- There are some rulles when flying to altitude after diving. You need to wait a minimum of 12 to 18 hours after your last dive before your flight. Read more in our blog scuba diving and flying.
Where do we dive?
What do I need to do to book my intro dive in Bali?
Why to try divingin Bali?
- Enjoy the underwater peace and silence
- Diving in Bali is very easy to learn
- Meet new people - make new friends
- Breathe underwater
- Feel the zero gravite - move in three dimensions
- Be explorer
- Discover new creatures
- Expand your skills
- Try new diving adventure
- Scuba holidays are awesome
Why to choose us?
- Small groups (max two people per diving instructor)
- Experienced PADI Instructors
- Personal service
- Safety and Fun
- Highest diving standards
- Profesional training pool
- Safe Boats
- Short journey times
PADI Discover Scuba Diving Intersting Facts
- Divers like to spit! Spitting in your mask prevents fogging, and it is recommended to do it before going giving.
- Once you descend below 10 meters, yellow and red colors will disappear so if you wish to take pictures, it is recommended to have a red filter on your camera.
- As the sound travels four times faster in the water, you will not be able to recognize where it is coming from.
- The scuba gear was invented in 1943 by Jacques Cousteau.
- The first diving cylinder was called “aqualung”.
- It seems like even Leonardo Da Vinci prepared a blueprint of the device that would allow people to breathe underwater.
- The wetsuit used for scuba diving will not only keep you warm but also help you become more buoyant.
- Regulator consists out of two parts: one of them controls how the air is released and the second one closes and opens as you breathe.
- Richard Presley holds the world's record for longest dive in history. It happened in 1992 and lasted for 69 days and 19 minutes.
- The deeper you go the more atmospheric pressure there will be on your body. In fact, for every 10 meters, it increases by 1 atmosphere.