Apnea Academy Level 1 Course
The Apnea Academy Level 1 Freediving Course in OK Divers Bali diving resort is the most popular entry level Apnea Academy freediving course for beginners. Thousands of people have learned freediving and exploring wonders of the underwater world with this freediving course. In AA Level 1 freediving course, you will learn everything you need to safely venture into the ocean, hold your breath, relaxation, breathing, equalization, equipment, proper stroke and kick, freediving with the line and in open water, dive planning, system of pairs, lots of fun and more.
AA Level 1 freediving course qualifies you to freedive independently (with your buddy!) to a minimum depth of -8 meters. Maximum depends on you. Apnea Academy is one of the best world—wide training academies and your Apnea Academy Level 1 Certification and all other Apnea Academy freediving courses will be recognised throughout the world.
The Apnea Academy Level 1 Freediving Course is a wonderful mixture of basic freediving theory, practical exercises in the pool and freediving in the ocean. You will master techniques of relaxation, breathing, confident movements in the aquatic environment, using of the freediving equipment as well as safety rules and dive planning. Many people have their lives transformed with this freediving course enabling you to immerse yourself into the underwater world and interact with the ocean life in a completely new, free way.
Learn to freedive in Bali and get your Apnea Academy certification
For more information about prices
Learn more about Apnea Academy Level 1 Course
To become an Apnea Academy freediver, you should be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills. Your freediving instructor will ask you to swim in the pool and let you float to determine level of your basic swimming abilities. Generally you should also be in good overall health, particularly your respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- Knowledge development part with basic theory about physiology of freediving, ocean environment and safety
- Breathing, relaxation and equalization techniques – very useful for freediving as well as in life in general
- Confine sessions in the swimming pool where you will learn and practice the basic freediving skills and familiarize yourself with the equipment
- As the final part of your training you will complete four hours sea open water freedives at our local Bali dive sites
- Knowledge development
- Breathing techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Equalization techniques
- Body stretching
- Static apnea in the swimming pool
- Confined water aquatic exercises in the swimming pool
- Four hours freediving in the open water
- Apnea Academy Level 1 certification
- Certification fees
- Lunch and refreshments
Apnea Academy Level 1 Freediving Course is a 2,5-day freediving course:
- Day 1: Course introduction, knowledge development, relaxation and breathing, confined water training in the swimming pool
- Day 2: Stretching, open water freediving session, lunch, relaxation and breathing, swimming pool session with equipment, theory
- Day 3: Stretching, open water freediving session, lunch, the final exam in the afternoon
- Required standards:
- Perform a static apnea of 1’45”
- Perform a dynamic apnea of 30 meters
- Perform a dynamic-no-fins apnea of 25 m
- Dive in constant weight to at least -8 meters depth
- Be at least 14 years old
- Know how to swim
- Be medically fit. In case of any pre-existing medical condition a physician certificate is required
- Learn new skills and knowledge
- See marine life in their natural environment
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Be more independent diver
- Guided dives for certified freedivers cost much less then try freedives
- Make new friends from around the world on vacation in Bali
- Bali offers wide range of underwater environments, warm water and nice weather all year round
- Full body stretching: useful skill to make your body flexible and ready for the day.
- Breathing techniques: will enable you to hold you breath comfortably longer.
- Relaxation techniques: will provide you with a range of skills how to relax your body and mind, very useful for freediving as well as many other life occasions.
- Equalization techniques: learn how to equalize your ears on the descent.
- Equipment: learn how to use choose and use your equipment.
- Underwater breaststroke: learn the most efficient underwater movement without fins.
- Fin kick: learn the most efficient fin kick for your body and muscle constitution.
- Static apnea: relax while holding the breath in the pool, start your mammalian diving reflex.
- Dynamic apnea: swimming underwater using the most efficient fin kick.
- Buoyancy check: adjust your weights to achieve a proper buoyancy.
- Duck dives: start your freedive with the proper duck dive technique.
- Deep water entry: enter the water safely using an appropriate deep water entry techniques. Based on condition use either giant stride or controlled seated entry.
- Free immersion: freediving technique using the vertical line allowing you to relax, minimize your oxygen consumption and focus on equalization.
- Constant weight: advanced freediving technique using your fin propulsion to reach required depth and return to the surface safely.
- Pairs system: everything you need to know and do to stay safe while freediving.
- Clear a partially flooded mask: half flood the freediving mask and clear it while still remaining underwater.
- Clear fool flooded mask: fully flood your mask and clear it while still underwater.
- Cramp recovery: deal successfully with a cramp for yourself and for your buddy.
- Weight removal: remove your weights underwater in case of emergency.
- Hand signals: learn the standard freediving hand signals.
- More than 18 years experience in diving around Bali.
- Our patient and experienced instructors.
- Our students become our friends.
- We concentrate on freediving skill development over just simple certification.
- We have strong emphasis on safety.
- Small groups (max 4 students per instructor).
- You will never be hurried or made to feel you are holding the group up.
- We focus on quality in everything we do.
- Great location in one of the most beautiful Bali corners.
- Competitive prices.
- All of us humans are equipped with the ancient mammal diving reflex that enables us to stay underwater while holding our breath.
- Mammalian diving reflex includes slowing down the heart beat, constriction of peripheral blood vessels to bring blood into the body core, changes in the oxygen metabolism.
- Apnea Academy freediving education organization was founded and until today personally led by Umberto Pelizzari, one of the most famous freediving record holders of all times. He personally certifies all the AA instructors together with his team of freediving experts.
- The first rule of freediving with Apnea Academy is to relax, breath properly and enjoy.
- Everything looks bigger underwater. Due to light refraction error and flatness of the mask’s lens, the objects underwater appear approximately 33% larger than how they actually are.
- Less than 10% of the world’s oceans have been explored.
- Even the surface of the moon is more explored than the bottom of the seas.
- Water absorbs light, and the first color that fades away is red.
- The deepest freedive ever was to a depth of -253 meters by Austrian freediver Herbert Nitsch in Santorini in June 2012.
- Compared to scuba divers, freedivers can move up and down freely, without a need for any safety stops because dissolving of breathing gases in blood occurs only in a limited way.
- You can scuba dive after freediving but not vice versa. If you scuba dive, you should wait with freediving for 24 hours, similarly like with flying in the aeroplane.