Gili Mimpang Bali Dive Site
Gili Mimpang (also known as Batu Tiga) consists of three big rocks and another half dozen smaller ones and is located in Amuk Bay between Padang Bai and Candidasa, 15 minutes by speedboat from our diving resort in Padangbai. The topography of this Bali dive site is diverse with full of craggy rocks covered in hard and soft corals and big gorgonians. The currents here can be strong and tricky depending on the moon phases therefore the dive is for more experienced divers. Diving in Bali and Gili Mimpang is like a true gift to be enjoyed.
Diving in Bali with sharks and mola mola
In addition to the typical variety of coral fish you can enjoy a lot of blue spotted rays, napoleon wrasse, trumpet fish, squid, cuttlefish, blue-yellow ribbon eels, trigger fish, butterfly fish, moray eels, trevalies, jackfish, tunas and you have a big chance of seeing white tip reef sharks shoals of snappers, mackerels, sometimes manta rays and from May to November the sunfish or Mola Mola shows up regularly.
Why to scuba dive at Gili Mimpang Bali?
- A great place to see reef sharks in Bali
- One of the best dive sites in East Bali
- Drift dive with strong currents – diving vacation adrenaline guaranteed!
- Non-stop action, there is no chance that you will get bored
- Chances to see Mola Mola during their season in a less crowded location
- Healthy soft and hard corals
- Beautiful topography
- Tropical and warm weather
- Bustling marine life
How to dive with Mola Mola in Bali?
- Do not touch, otherwise, you will remove the layer of mucus that protects mola mola against infection.
- Do not feed mola mola
- Maintain a minimum distance of 3 meters from the animal
- Always approach Mola Mola very slowly
- Wait at least one minute for sunfish to be in its cleaning station before approach
- Do not swim behind the Mola Mola as this can scare the animal
- Do not swim under sunfish as your bubbles will disturb the cleaning proces
- Try not to block Mola Mola’s escape route or pathway
- If a Mola Mola approaches you, remain still and do not touch it and make sure to enjoy the moment!
- Do not use strobe while taking pictures as it can be disturbing for sun fish
- Do not make unnecessary loud noises and quick moves
- Read more in how to behave around Mola Mola in Bali
- Follow the directions of your dive guide
For more information about prices check our diving in Bali - Prices.