Padangbai Bali Dive Site
Diving in Padangbai offers many diffrent style of Bali dive sites with nice and healthy coral full of great macro as well as the big fish. The most popular dive sites in Padangbai are Jepun, Drop Off, Blue Lagoon, Silayukti Point, Ferry Channel, Bias Tugal, Jetty or Secret Jepun. When diving in Padangbai with OK Divers you can observe hundreds of species and for many diving spots you do not need to travel with our boat for longer than few minutes.
Diving in Bali with Sharks and Turtles
While diving in Bali most of the time you will be accompanied by oriental sweet lips, moray eels, many species of clownfish and anemone fish, napoleon wrasses, trevalies, jackfish, tunas, moorish idols, crocodilefish, lionfish, frogfish, octopus, cuttlefish, sharks and turtles. On some of the Bali dive sites in Padangbai you definitely have more than good chance to see white tip and black tip reef sharks and sometimes as well nurse and wobbegong sharks. If you like a macro diving than frogfish, ornate and robust ghost pipefish, leaf scorpionfish, pygmy seahorses, nudibranche, siagiani squat lobsters, orang-utang crabs, rhinopias, zebra crabs and other rare crustaceans will definitely make your day.
Why to scuba dive in Padangbai Bali with OK Divers?
- Since we are based in Padangbai, we know the dive sites from A to Z
- Special macro diving with rare critters such a frogfish, rhinopias, ghost pipefish, mimic octopus just to name a few all at just one of the many dive sites you can to choose from
- Animals that are endemic to Indonesia thrive here in amazing numbers and variety
- Must-do for underwater photographers
- Great for all levels of divers on diving vacation
- Great Bali location
- Fun night diving
- Tropical and exotic weather
- Chances to see sharks all year round at Shark Point
- Best diving prices
- Turtles are frequent visitors
Interesting facts about Sea Turtles in Bali
- Some sea turtles eat jellyfish and keep their populations under control. Sadly, plastic many times resembles jellyfish underwater and that is why many turtles die from eating waste instead of their favorite food.
- There are also ones that feed on seagrass and by this keep it short, which prevents damaging other marine animals.
- Unlike the ones on the land, sea turtles cannot hide in their shells.
- You can detect the gender of turtle already based on the egg, with male eggs having a higher temperature than females.
- These animals have been on Earth over 220 million years ago.
- During the nesting season, female turtles return to the same beach where they were born and lay their eggs there.
- Turtles are excellent swimmers and can travel long distances. Some species travel around 12,000 miles per year.
- They have a built-in compass! To navigate themselves underwater, turtles detect the angle and intensity of Earth's magnetic field.
- Sea turtles can live for around 70-80 years.
If you have any questions about diving in Padangbai, please contact us.
For more information about prices check our diving in Bali - Prices.