North Nusa Penida Bali Dive Site
The Bali dive sites around north side of Nusa Penida are well-known among divers especially for great Bali drift diving. Nusa Penida has lots of different dive sites, so you and your dive guide will be always able to find one with suitable conditions depending on your diving experience and interest. The coral reefs around Nusa Penida are several kilometres long and you can dive the whole length of them in a series of dives, current permitting.
Try Drift Diving in Bali
The reefs on Nusa Penida are simply stunning. Drifting over beautiful and colourful coral gardens with big schools of reef fish is an unforgettable experience. If you like to feel underwater like in the fish soup north Nusa Penida in Bali is the place to be. Visibility on these Bali dive sites is usually more than 25 meters and the water is clear blue and warm, just as every diver likes it. The reef here is built mainly on steep slope and is full of big sponges, soft coral, hard coral and big coral blocks with lots and lots of marine life. Around 20-25m on this slope you have offten a good chance of seeing large pelagics (ocean-going fish) like manta rays or eagle rays, tuna, barracuda, and even mola-mola in the season. During the surface interval it can be fun to watch the seaweed farmers working their ‘patch’ along the coast of Nusa Penida.
Why to scuba dive at North Coast of Nusa Penida?
- Drift diving in Bali is like flying, but underwater. You can also call it Bali diving for lazy people or adrenaline enthusiasts.
- Great experience for a diver of any level.
- Rich corals and usually a very good visibility.
- North coast of Nusa Penida is one of the most diverse dive site around three islands – Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan, and Nusa Ceningan.
- The strong currents bring here a lot of nutrients and plankton which attracts here a great number of fish and pelagic species.
- You will let yourself drift where the current takes you.
- Sometimes you don’t need to kick with your fins at all.
- Current will sometimes carry us more than 1km on a single dive.
- This means that you will explore more area and, of course, more marine life than on usual dive.
- Great place for doing your Drift diving specialty.
If you like drifts, you should consider a drift diving specialty in Bali and you will learn:
- Interesting and important information about ocean currents
- What causes different types of drifts
- Special considerations for drift diving
- Planning a drift dive
- Assessing currents
- Techniques for drift diving
- Buddy contact in currents
- Signaling the boat by using a delayed surface marker buoy
- Entry and exit strategies for drift dives
For more information about price for diving in Nusa Penida check our price list.