Apnea Academy Discover Freediving
If you only have a short time frame on your vacation in Bali or want to try freediving before committing to the freediving course, Apnea Academy Discover Freediving is an introductory experience that allows you to see the amazing underwater life as well as to hold your breath for the first time. Apnea Academy Discover Freediving in Bali is not an actual Apnea Academy certification, but great experience where you’ll learn how to use the equipment in shallow water of Padangbai area and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world on a single breath.
The idea of learning to freedive is very tempting. Imagine you can just hold your breath and dive down to see the beautiful corals and fish (and leave your fellow snorkelers with their mouths open in awe…). Apnea Academy Discover Freediving experience in Bali is a “mini freediving course” teaches aspiring freedivers basic freediving guidelines and skills under the direct supervision of an Apnea Academy professional instructor. Your experience will start with dry briefing, than you get wet while you and your instructor will proced to a pool session to learn basic freediving skills. After the pool session, you will go out on an actual freedive experience at one of our many shallow Bali dive sites. Your pool session will make your feel comfortable while holding breath underwater which will help you enjoy your first freediving ocean experience. Test yourself and your skills. If you truly enjoy your underwater adventure, the Discover Freediving is the best path to your signing-up for the Apnea Academy Level 1 Freediving Course in Bali.
Freedive in Bali and get to know how to hold your breath
For more information about prices
Learn more about Apnea Academy Discover Freediving
To enjoy an Apnea Academy Discover Freediving, you should be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills. Generally you should also be in good overall health, particularly your respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- Knowledge development part with basic theory about freediving
- Basic breathing, relaxation and equalization techniques
- Confine sessions in the swimming pool where you will learn the basic freediving skills and familiarize yourself with the equipment
- As the final part – a sea open water freediving session at one of our local Bali dive sites
- Knowledge development
- Breathing techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Equalization techniques
- Body stretching
- Static apnea in the swimming pool
- One freediving session in the open water
- Lunch and refreshments
- Be at least 12 years old
- Know how to swim
- Be medically fit. In case of any pre-existing medical condition a physician certificate is required
- Learn new skills and knowledge
- See marine life in their natural environment
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Make new friends from around the world
- Bali offers wide range of underwater environments, warm water and nice weather all year round
- Breathing techniques: will enable you to hold you breath comfortably longer.
- Relaxation techniques: learn how to relax your body and mind.
- Equalization techniques: learn how to equalize your ears on the descent.
- Equipment: learn how to use choose and use your equipment.
- Static apnea: relax while holding the breath in the pool, start your mammalian diving reflex.
- Buoyancy check: adjust your weights to achieve a proper buoyancy.
- Free immersion: freediving technique using the vertical line allowing you to relax, minimize your oxygen consumption and focus on equalization.
- Try constant weight: advanced freediving technique using your fin propulsion to reach required depth and return to the surface safely.
- More than 18 years experience in diving in Bali.
- Our patient and experienced instructors.
- Our students become our friends.
- We concentrate on freediving skill development over just simple certification.
- We have strong emphasis on safety.
- Small groups (max 4 students per instructor).
- You will never be hurried or made to feel you are holding the group up.
- We focus on quality in everything we do.
- Great location in one of the most beautiful Bali corners.
- Competitive prices.
- All of us humans are equipped with the ancient mammal diving reflex that enables us to stay underwater while holding our breath.
- Mammalian diving reflex includes slowing down the heart beat, constriction of peripheral blood vessels to bring blood into the body core, changes in the oxygen metabolism.
- Apnea Academy freediving education organization was founded and until today personally led by Umberto Pelizzari, one of the most famous freediving record holders of all times. He personally certifies all the AA instructors together with his team of freediving experts.
- The first rule of freediving with Apnea Academy is to relax, breath properly and enjoy.
- Everything looks bigger underwater. Due to light refraction error and flatness of the mask’s lens, the objects underwater appear approximately 33% larger than how they actually are.
- Less than 10% of the world’s oceans have been explored.
- Even the surface of the moon is more explored than the bottom of the seas.
- Water absorbs light, and the first color that fades away is red.
- The deepest freedive ever was to a depth of -253 meters by Austrian freediver Herbert Nitsch in Santorini in June 2012.
- Compared to scuba divers, freedivers can move up and down freely, without a need for any safety stops because dissolving of breathing gases in blood occurs only in a limited way.
- You can scuba dive after freediving but not vice versa. If you scuba dive, you should wait with freediving for 24 hours, similarly like with flying in the aeroplane.