Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking
Mount Batur in Bali is an active volcano located at the center of two concentric calderas north-west of Mount Agung. According to the Hindu belief, Mount Batur is one of the sacred mountains in Bali. It stands at 1717m above sea level. The beauty of this trekking is renowned amongst nature lovers offering truly unique morning views.
Be ready to lace up your shoes and see some golden sunrays gracefully brightening up the horizon with dark blue Lake Batur, Mount Abang, and Mount Agung spreading underneath your feet. On a clear day, you can even see Mount Rinjani on Lombok island. When you reach the first stop, you will be rewarded with a well-deserved hot drink whilst gazing at the horizon waiting for the sunrise to arrive.
Head in the Bali clouds
For more information about prices
Learn more about Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking
It is optional to hike to the highest peak. However, we recommend this excursion for fit hikers only. If you are an outdoor person, then the sunrise trekking to Mount Batur is a must.
After the descent, we will take you to relax and recharge in a beautiful hot spring spa, known thanks to its natural healing mineral water, and views overlooking the lake Batur. The 16-kilometer-wide lake is considered holy by the Balinese. As such it is forbidden to swim in it.
- Trekking shoes
- Jumper (it gets quite chilly on the top of the mountain)
- Long pents
- Extra clothes for change
- Extra water
- Hat and sunscreen
- Bathing suit
- The water in Batur spa has a temperature of 45 degrees Celsius, flows unprocessed from the spring located 500 meters below the surface. It is well-known thanks to its therapeutic benefits when healing stiff muscles, rheumatism, fatigue, neuralgia and many others.
- It is said that Bali has the biggest density of spas in the world.
- Batur is believed to be sacred by the Hindu community and the place of residing of Brama God. Local people hold a ceremony and bring here offerings each month in order to establish a balance between God, human, and nature.
- As it is a sacred place, locals strive to keep the place “pure”. For instance, if there happens to be an accident, or a pregnant woman and even menstruating woman enters the place, a ceremony needs to be held to restore the cleanness.
- The country of Indonesia is one of the most geologically active areas in the world and it has around 400 volcanoes and of that are 127 active ones.
- Volcanic lava and ash actually bring great benefits to local farmers making the soil very fertile.
- Volcanoes are referred to as “Gunung” in Indonesian which means fire mountains.
- Besides being the land of volcanoes, Bali is also located in so-called “Amazon of the seas” containing more than 2000 fish species and 600 species of coral.
- Apart from the main island of Bali, there are also Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan, and Nusa Ceningan islands along with many smaller islands which belong in this area.
- Before his death in 2016, the British pop icon David Bowie requested in his will that his ashes be scattered in Bali in a Buddhist ritual.
- Return transport to our resort in Padangbai
- Trekking guide
- Breakfast and lunch