Toyapakeh Nusa Penida Bali Dive Site
Divesite Toyapakeh is one of the best Bali dive sites around Nusa Penida and is only 20 minutes boat ride from Padangbai. This is due to the site being permanently fed from the currents flowing through Ceningan Channel and Indonesian Through-Flow which brings all the great schools of fish and nutrition for the amazing coral formations. In addition to the beautiful reef, there are some very attractive coral formations with big coral blogs covered with gorgonias and other soft corals, that provide excellent places to find fish and other marine life.
Drift Diving at Nusa Penida
Toyapakeh dive site starts at six meters with reef of beautiful soft and thriving hard corals and everywhere where you look there are clouds of fish swimming in to the current. Among the commonly spotted fish here you can count blue tooth triggerfish, sweetlips, fusiliers, jack fish, trevalies, banner fish, porcupine as well as scorpionfish, moray eels, trumpetfish, puffers and rays.
At around 10m, as you drift with the current, you will see bommies with a lot of sweetlips and then schools of fish including jackfish and batfish, with occasional Napoleon wrasse and turtles. Deeper on the slope you may have the chance to see larger pelagic including mola mola - sunfish.
Exiting drift diving
The current on Toypakeh often heads north east which makes for an easy and pleasant drift dive. But because the currents in shallow water and in deeper water sometimes go in different directions, the direction of your dive can change as you alter your depth. At slack tide, when there is no current at all, you can stop to see the smaller creatures like blue ribbon eels, orangutan crabs and some nudibranchs.
Why to scuba dive at Toyapakeh Nusa Penida?
- This a drift diving in Bali and you will fly over countless rich coral formations
- One of the most beautiful, richest and most varied diving sites around Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan
- Clear water, smooth ride in the stream and stunning sea life
- If you like big bommies, this is the right place for your diving vacation
- Possibility to see pelagic fish, jetty piers and several types of sharks
- Tropical and exotic weather ofNusa Penida
- Toyapakeh will not disappoint even fans of macro with a rich selection of nudibranchs, crabs, lobsters and other small animals
If you have any questions about diving in Toyapakeh, please contact us.
For more information about prices check our diving in Bali - Prices.