Enjoy The Freedom and Dream Big!
Embark with us on a fascinating land tour to one of East Java’s biggest attractions – Gunung Bromo. The mighty mount Bromo is definitely spectacular, however, it's not only the mountain itself, but the sheer majesty of the experience. The immense size of the entire Tengger crater, the supernatural beauty of the scenery and the dramatic highland light really are many travelers’ dreams come true.
Hiking the spectacular Mount Bromo
Sunrise is the best time for a visit. This is when the great crater is at its ethereal best and colors are most impressive. But visibility is usually good throughout the day in the dry season too, even though the slopes below Cemoro Lawang may be covered in mist.
DAY 1 – TRANSIT TO JAVA
For this tour, we will leave from the hotel early in the morning by car and head towards Gilimanuk harbor in West Bali. We might stop along the way for short breaks, photos and refreshments. We expect to arrive in the local hotel in Java in the early evening and you will have free time to explore the area.
DAY 2 – VISITING BROMO
Don’t stay up too late, since the next morning we will wake up before 4.00 AM so that we make it in time to witness the sunrise from Mt. Bromo. While waiting for the sun to come up, you can enjoy local coffee and freshly fried banana at a local stall. But have your camera ready since the scenery and atmosphere will certainly be worth more than one picture.
After we’ve breathed all the beauty in, we will go back to the car and continue to Bromo crater. In the way there, we will cross Laotian Pasir which means sea of sand. To reach the crater, you will either have to hike up, or you may rent a horse. After ascending the 253 steps you’ll come face to face with the steaming, sulphurous guts of the Java Bromo volcano. There are sweeping views back across the Laotian Pasir to the lip of the crater and over to Batok and the Hindu temple (which only opens on auspicious days in the pilgrim calendar) at its base.
After we have had enough of exploring, we will head back to the hotel for breakfast and a shower.
Refreshed and rested we will go see Makadipura waterfall before starting our way back to Bali. You also have the option to be dropped off to Surabaya city, if you continue by plane. In that case we recommend booking a flight departing after 5-6 PM.
Mount Bromo Tour Interesting Facts:
- The whole Bromo Tengger Semeru-Arjuno natural reserve stretches to an area of impressive 413,374 hectares.
- Bromo volcano itself is also located in a smaller natural reserve called Sand Sea characteristic as a vast plain with sand and dust.
- The volcano did not always look the same. For instance, its crater was filled with a lake in 1838.
- Bromo is home to the indigenous tribe of local people called Tengerrese which have their unique culture and traditions.
- Once a year this tribe holds a ceremony and throw offerings into the crater of the volcano. Sacrifices include money, flowers, fruit and vegetables and livestock.
- Indonesia is well known for its volcanic activity, and it is one of the most seismically active areas on Earth.
- The island of Java has 121 active volcanoes.
- Besides being the land of volcanoes, Java is also a paradise for birdwatching as you might find here around 450 different bird species.
- Java is the most densely populated island in the world.
- The island is home to 136 million people.
What is included in the tour:
- Private car transfer in an air-conditioned car, Bali – Bromo – Bali (alternatively Surabaya)
- English speaking driver
- 1 night in a standard room in a hotel in Java, including breakfast
- Private 4-wheel drive car to get to Bromo for sunrise
- All entrance fees
- Mineral water
- Ferry fares to cross to Java and back
What is not included:
- Room upgrade
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Lunch & Dinner
- Horse ride from the Jeep area
- Flight ticket from Surabaya
Tour duration: 2 days, 1 night
Min pax required: 2
For information about price, don’t hesitate to contact us.