Diving In Bali Is The Best Part Of Living
Kubu village started as a salt panning and fishing settlement long time ago. But because times they are changing now it makes it’s living mainly from tourism, diving turism precisely. When arriving to Kubu from Padangbai you still can notice on the left side of the road woodpiles which are used for traditional salt extraction. Kubu Vilage is situated in north east Bali only one hour from OK Divers in Padangbai. All the Kubu divesites start straight from beach entry with great coral gardens form from stag-horn and other type of hard and soft coral which serves as home for nice schools of fish. We think that this dive spot has same like Blue Lagoon in Padangbai one of the prettiest snorkelling in Bali.
Bali's Newest Ship Wreck in Kubu
The Kubu dive site starts already in a shallow area of 3 to 8 m with wonderful coral garden. In deeper parts divers will be able to explore beautiful coral reef full of interesting hard and soft coral formations. Marine life around here is rich and very diverse. On regular dive in Kubu you should be able to see barracudas, turtles, sharks, bumphead Parrotfish and the rest of reef fish common to other Bali dive sites. If you let yours selfs to be carried with a common moderate current it will take you to the sharp drop off's edge with depth of 30 m. It is beautifully overgrown with all kinds of soft corals and any possible species of reef fish can be found there. White and black tip reef sharks swims pass occasionally checking out their feeding ground too.
Kubu willage has as swell a nice new ship wreck called Kubu Ship Wreck. The ship was made by sinking a weather patrol ship and soon become popular Bali diving destination. Wreck has 150 tons of weight and 55 meters length and is located at the depth approximately 13 to 35 meters. Ship was sunk just few years ago and coral is already starting to grow all over its metal construction.
Why to dive at Kubu Bali?
- Good place for macro underwater photography while diving in Bali.
- Sunken ship here still has the complete shape and looks of a wreck.
- Great opportunity to see the contrast between old Liberty wreck in Tulamben and newly sunken ship.
- Suitable for beginners.
- Perfect for advanced divers as well as those with Wreck or Deep specialties.
- Many interesting man-made spots to explore.
- Good place for observing nudibranchs.
Interesting facts about the wreck in Kubu in Bali:
- Kubu wreck used to be a patrol boat of the Indonesian government.
- Before planned sinking the boat was specially modified and cleaned, what took 4 months altogether.
- The Wreck of Kubu lies about 80 meters from the coast.
- It offers many interesting items to explore, such as Buddha statues, a Volkswagen car and a wheel.
- Legends say it has the highest concentration of lionfish and blue-spotted rays in the Tulamben area.
For more information about price for diving at the Kubu Wreck check our price list.
Duration: 9am - 3.30pm