Jogjakarta & Borobudur Java Holiday Land Tours
Catching an early morning flight from Bali, our exciting one day tour will take you exploring the beauties and temples of Yogyakarta (Jogjakarta). Yogyakarta city (often called also “Jogja”) has stunning architecture and a truly spiritual sensibility. It is also a cultural hub and a big art centre of Java in Indonesia. Gamelan, classical and contemporary Javanese dances, leather puppets, theatre and other expressions of traditional art will keep the visitor entertained during the whole length of the trip to Java.
Java tour - Visit Borobudur the UNESCO world heritage site
It’s like a whole other country
We shall start our day tour by visiting the stunning Borobudur temple, which is the world’s biggest Buddhist monument, an ancient site widely considered to be one of the world’s seven wonders. It is also listed in the UNESCO World Heritage. Built in the 9th century during the reign of the Syailendra dynasty, the temple’s design in Gupta architecture reflects India's influence on the region. The best way to explore this site is on foot. As you climb to the top of this magnificent temple you will marvel at the intricate detailed stone carvings displayed on the temple walls. You would certainly miss a great experience if you visited this enormous temple without learning about its history and importance, which are captured on its many reliefs.
Depending on how much time you wish to spend at Borobudur, we may afterwards stop in Mendut temple on the way back to Jogjakarta.
The next stop will then be another key attraction of Yogjakarta - the Sultan's Palace 'Kraton', together with Taman Sari water castle. The Sultan's palace is the centre of Jogja's traditional life and despite the advance of modernity, it still emanates the spirit of the past.
After a well-deserved lunch break, we can shop around for souvenirs and then make our way to the last stop on our itinerary, which will be the Prambanan Temple, another beautiful Hindu temple from the 9th century.
This will be the wrap to an exciting day in Yogyakarta before flying back to Bali, catching a late evening flight.
Borobudur Tour Interesting Facts:
- The Borobudur temple is known for its impressive reliefs carved into the stone walls covering the area of 2,500 square meters. These can be interpreted as a book of Buddhist religious texts if you read them from the bottom up, walking around each of three tiers
- The temple has been long forgotten and abandoned until it was rediscovered in 1814
- The Mendut temple near Borobobudur is still used by Buddhist monks as a place for rituals and meditation
- The region of Yogyakarta is sultanate and the ruler even has political power.
- King's palace Keraton is still occupied by the sultan and used as a place for cultural ceremonies.
- Whole families of sultan's servants dedicate their lives to care about their ruler. He in return provides them with accommodation, food and special rights
- Yogyakarta is known for its unique handicraft called Batik. Fabrics are decorated with hot wax drawings and hand-dyed in multiple colors. Each of the motifs has a specific meaning. You will see these batik-makers in Sultan's place
- The complex of Prambanan is Indonesia's largest Hindu religious site and contains around 244 temples.
- Yogyakarta is known as a city of art, culture, and education and people from all over Indonesia come to study here on the country's most prestigious universities
- Javanese people are very down to earth and polite. They are known for their good manners, and for instance, it is taboo to directly criticize someone or to complain
What is included in the tour:
- Return flight ticket Bali – Jogja – Bali
- Private transport in an air-conditioned car
- English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Return transfer OK Divers Resort – airport – OK Divers Resort
What is not included:
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Surcharge for the flight ticket during high season