Blue Corner Nusa Penida Bali Dive Site
Bali dive site Blue Corner in Nusa Lembongan is a sloping reef with a terrace at about 24 meters. The corals at shallow parts because of really strong currents are not as rich as when you approach greater depths where full of big coral blogs manage to grow in hiding. On the dive you can be approach with nearly anything one diver can imagine.
Diving Bali in strong currents
Big schools of eagle rays, black spotted sting rays, tunas, sharks, turtles, dolphins, whale-shark, trevalies, barracudas, moray eels, mantas rays and for some reason the mola mola or sunfish truly love it here! The record of 15 mola molas on one dive we hold in OK Divers in Padangbai comes from Blue Corner. However, the currents on Blue Corner are so strong and even a group of the most experienced divers still have no guarantee to dive here if the condition are not right. Safety first while diving in Bali with OK Divers!
Why to dive at the Blue Corner Nusa Penida Bali?
- Great Bali dive site to see Mola Mola during the season.
- A famous place to spot pelagics and other big marine animals.
- Thanks to currents that can be vertical, horizontal, diagonal and very strong, this is the most thrilling place for a drift diving in Bali.
- Dramatic topography with rocky terraces.
- A dream spot for very experienced diver on diving vacation.
Quick drift diving guide for diving in Bali:
- Always follow your guide and only enter the water when you are told to do so.
- Stay close to the reef or the bottom as currents here will be weaker. During the dive stay behind your guide.
- Secure all dangling equipment.
- Control your buoyancy and let the current move you along.
- Use reef formations as shelter if you want to take a break.
- Do not fight the current – it is easy to become tired.
- To determine the current direction, look at indicators such as soft coral and reef fish which usually swim head-on into the current.
- Carry a delayed surface marker buoy (DSMB) and make sure you are familiar with how to inflate it.
- If you become separated from your group look around for one minute and if you don't find them, go up and you should be reunited on the surface.
- If you cannot see your boat upon surfacing or if you have any doubt about whether your boat has seen you, do NOT wait in strong surface currents. Instead, swim across the current, towards the shore if possible.
If you have any questions about diving in Blue Corner, please contact us.
For more information about prices check our diving in Bali - Prices.