Apnea Academy Level 2 Freediving Course
The Apnea Academy Level 2 Freediving Course in OK Divers Bali diving resort is the next level Apnea Academy freediving course for freedivers who like to advance their education in Bali. In AA Level 2 freediving course, you will learn expand your knowledge of the ocean, learn advanced relaxation and breathing patters, practice equalization techniques, improve your stroke and kick, dive trip planning and important safety and life-saving skills. You will dive with the line and in the open water. AA Level 2 freediving course qualifies you to freedive independently (with your buddy!) to a minimum depth of -15 meters. Maximum depends on you. Apnea Academy is one of the best world—wide training academies and your Apnea Academy Level 1 Certification and all other Apnea Academy freediving courses will be recognised throughout the world.
Freediving license - Apnea Academy Level 2 Course in Bali
Advance your freediving skills in Bali
The Apnea Academy Level 2 Freediving Course is a wonderful mixture of freediving theory, practical exercises in the pool and freediving in the ocean. You will master techniques of relaxation, breathing, confident movements in the aquatic environment, using of the freediving equipment, learn life-saving skills as well as safety rules and dive planning. Many people continue their freediving education with this freediving course enabling you to advance your freediving skills and venture more confidently into the underwater world, interact with the ocean life in a completely new, free way.
Duration: 3 days
Pool sessions: 3x
Ocean sessions: 2x
What is involved in Apnea Academy Level 2 Freediving Course in Bali?
To become an Apnea Academy Level 2 freediver on your vacation in Bali, you should be comfortable in the water and have solid swimming skills. Your freediving instructor will ask you to perform all the AA Level 1 in-water exercises. You should also be in good overall health, particularly your respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Medical certificate is required in case you had any history of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases.
The Apnea Academy Level 2 Freediving Course in Bali is divided into three parts:
- Knowledge development part with theory about physiology of freediving, ocean environment and safety
- Breathing, relaxation and equalization techniques - very useful for freediving as well as in life in general
- Confine sessions in the swimming pool where you will learn and practice the advanced freediving skills, learn underwater breast stroke and further improve your fin kick
- As the final part of your training you will complete minimum four hours sea open water freedives at our local Bali dive sites
What is included in the Apnea Academy Level 2 Freediving Course?
- Knowledge development
- Breathing techniques, introduction to Pranayama
- Relaxation techniques
- Equalization techniques
- Body stretching
- Static apnea in the swimming pool
- Confined water aquatic exercises in the swimming pool
- Bio-mechanical analysis of a fin stroke
- Introduction to life-saving
- Protection of the environment
- Forms of marine life
- Specific fitness training for freedivers
- Minimum four hours freediving in the open water
- Apnea Academy Level 2 certification
- Certification fees
- Lunch and refreshments
Level 2 Freediving Course time schedule
Apnea Academy Level 2 Freediving Course is a 3 day freediving course:
- Day 1: Course introduction, knowledge development, relaxation and breathing, confined water training in the swimming pool
- Day 2: Stretching, open water freediving session, lunch, relaxation and breathing, swimming pool session with equipment, theory
- Day 3: Stretching, open water freediving session, lunch, the final exam in the afternoon
- Required standards:
- Perform a static apnea of 2’30”
- Perform a dynamic apnea of 55 meters
- Perform a dynamic-no-fins apnea of 35 m
- Dive in constant weight to at least -15 meters depth
- Be at least 14 years old
- AA Level 1 certification or satisfactory performance of the Level 1 pool exercises
- Be medically fit. In case of any pre-existing medical condition a physician certificate is required
What Bali dive sites we freedive?
How can I book my freediving course in Bali?
Why to become certified Apnea Academy diver in Bali
- Learn new skills and knowledge
- See marine life in their natural environment
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Be more independent diver
- Guided dives for certified freedivers cost much less then try freedives
- Make new friends from around the world
- Bali offers wide range of underwater environments, warm water and nice weather all year round
Advanced freediving skills that you learn in the AA Level 2 Freediving Course
- Full body stretching: useful skill to make your body flexible and ready for the day.
- Breathing techniques: will enable you to hold you breath comfortably longer.
- Relaxation techniques: will provide you with a range of skills how to relax your body and mind, very useful for freediving as well as many other life occasions.
- Equalization techniques: learn how to equalize your ears on the descent.
- Equipment: learn how to use choose and use your equipment.
- Underwater breaststroke: learn the most efficient underwater movement without fins.
- Fin kick: learn the most efficient fin kick for your body and muscle constitution.
- Static apnea: relax while holding the breath in the pool, start your mammalian diving reflex.
- Dynamic apnea: swimming underwater using the most efficient fin kick.
- Buoyancy check: adjust your weights to achieve a proper buoyancy.
- Recovery of objects: learn how to dive and pick-up various objects from the bottom.
- Underwater equipment exercise: learn how to don your equipment underwater.
- Duck dives: start your freedive with the proper duck dive technique.
- Deep water entry: enter the water safely using an appropriate deep water entry techniques. Based on condition use either giant stride or controlled seated entry.
- Free immersion: freediving technique using the vertical line allowing you to relax, minimize your oxygen consumption and focus on equalization.
- Constant weight: advanced freediving technique using your fin propulsion to reach required depth and return to the surface safely.
- Pairs system: everything you need to know and do to stay safe while freediving.
- Clear a partially flooded mask: half flood the freediving mask and clear it while still remaining underwater.
- Clear fool flooded mask: fully flood your mask and clear it while still underwater.
- Cramp recovery: deal successfully with a cramp for yourself and for your buddy.
- Weight removal: remove your weights underwater in case of emergency.
- Hand signals: learn the standard freediving hand signals.
- Basic life-saving skills: recovery and transport of the apneist in distress.
Why choose OK Divers in Bali?
- More than 18 years experience in diving around Bali.
- Our patient and experienced instructors.
- Our students become our friends.
- We concentrate on freediving skill development over just simple certification.
- We have strong emphasis on safety.
- Small groups (max 4 students per instructor).
- You will never be hurried or made to feel you are holding the group up.
- We focus on quality in everything we do.
- Great location in one of the most beautiful Bali corners.
- Competitive prices.
Interesting facts about freediving
- All of us humans are equipped with the ancient mammal diving reflex that enables us to stay underwater while holding our breath.
- Mammalian diving reflex includes slowing down the heart beat, constriction of peripheral blood vessels to bring blood into the body core, changes in the oxygen metabolism.
- Apnea Academy freediving education organization was founded and until today personally led by Umberto Pelizzari, one of the most famous freediving record holders of all times. He personally certifies all the AA instructors together with his team of freediving experts.
- The first rule of freediving with Apnea Academy is to relax, breath properly and enjoy.
- Everything looks bigger underwater. Due to light refraction error and flatness of the mask's lens, the objects underwater appear approximately 33% larger than how they actually are.
- Less than 10% of the world's oceans have been explored.
- Even the surface of the moon is more explored than the bottom of the seas.
- Water absorbs light, and the first color that fades away is red.
- The deepest freedive ever was to a depth of -253 meters by Austrian freediver Herbert Nitsch in Santorini in June 2012.
- Compared to scuba divers, freedivers can move up and down freely, without a need for any safety stops because dissolving of breathing gases in blood occurs only in a limited way.
- You can scuba dive after freediving but not vice versa. If you scuba dive, you should wait with freediving for 24 hours, similarly like with flying in the aeroplane.
For more information about our competitive prices check out our price list.